LEMONARIA ESSENTIAL OIL: Stimulant and natural analgesic
In traditional Chinese medicine, the essential oil of Lemongrass or Citronella ( Cymbopogon citratus ) is used as a raw material for the preparation of traditional remedies for:
- treat bacterial infections [3-4]: ethanolic extracts from the Citronella leaf exhibit bactericidal properties against Staphylococus aureus. Flavonoids and Tannins found in the extract are responsible for the activity . A natural mixture of geranial and neral in their two isometric forms is known as citral which has been reported to have activity against gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria . The MIC of citral against S. aureus and E. coli is 0.05% v/v . Another study showed MIC values of 0.03% for S. aureus, 0.07% for E. coli, and 0.8 for Pseudomonas aeuriginosa .
- treat fungal infections: as it inhibits the growth of Candida albicans [4,10], Candida tropicales , Aspergillus niger [10,11,13], A. flavus [11,12,13], A. fumigatus [ 11,13], A.parasiticus, A.ochraceus , Alternaria alternata, Curvularia lunata and Microsporum gypseum . The antifungal activity of AEC is due to the presence of geranial, neral and geraniol . A natural mixture of geranial and neral in their two isometric forms is known as citral which has been reported to be antifungal . The MIC of citral against Candida albicans and Microsporum gypseum is 0.05% v/v and against Trichophyton mentagrophytes and A. fumigatus is 0.08% v/v .
- treatment of diseases caused by parasites : citronella is anti-malarial with activity against Plasmodium berghei .
- Repel Insects: Its citrus scent has made it a great insect repellent [1-3]. And since many insects are vectors of infectious and/or parasitic diseases, it could be said that AEC is useful in the prevention of infectious pathologies.
- One of the lesser known properties of citronella is that it is an acaricide [1-3]. In such a way that it is useful in the prevention and treatment of dermatological diseases such as scabies and other dermatitis caused by mites.
- It is a natural tranquilizer, citronella helps to decrease cerebral arousal. Decreasing anxiety and helping to improve sleep quality, when ingested [1-3]. Fight stress and headaches, stimulating mental functions to increase creativity. Its fresh, dry, woody, sweet and citrus aroma with a strong imprint of lemon goes to the limbic system, stopping feelings of anguish, anxiety, sadness and pessimism , replacing them with self-confidence, strength and vigor.
- as a stimulant to reduce fatigue in general: recommended in cases of physical and/or mental fatigue . It is likely that these stimulating, uplifting and energizing effects are due to its anti-oxidant activity .
- Immunomodulatory properties: anti-inflammatory action is the objective of the administration of serum immunoglobulins. When taking Cymbopogon citratus essential oil for a long time, alpha-1 and alpha-2 globulins are significantly reduced, as well as beta-globulins and gamma-globulins .
- treat pain in athletes: Frequently used in pre-competitive massages for athletes or as an analgesic and restorative that relieves pain from excessive physical activity thanks to its anti-nociceptive and anti-inflammatory activity . When there are heavy legs due to physical fatigue or water retention because it stimulates circulation.
- treat pain in people with chronic degenerative pathologies: treat rheumatic pain because it has anti-inflammatory effects (thanks to its composition rich in citronellal and citronellol) reduces inflammation both at the joint and muscle level and reduces pain [1-4]. In fact, studies show that AEC (10mg/Kg PO) has the same effect in reducing pain and inflammation as the administration of diclofenafo (50mg/Kg PO) and without any side effects .
- It is currently indicated as an adjuvant in the treatment of cellulite, oily skin (acne) and oily hair (dandruff) .
- In cases of difficult digestion thanks to its anti-hepatotoxic activity .
- It is highly recommended in immersion baths as an effective perfume and for its refreshing qualities.
- According to medical criteria.
By adding this product to your cart you are accepting that you have a medical prescription that recommends its use.
|How to use: According to medical criteria or expert aromatherapist.|
|Distilled plant organ: Leaf|
|Aromatic description: fresh, dry, woody, sweet and citrus.|
|Country of origin: Colombia|
Active principles: The pure chemotyped essential oil of Lemongrass or Citronella (Cymbopogon citratus) is mainly composed of:
|Commercial presentation: Citronella pure chemotyped essential oil 10 mL amber bottle with dosing dropper. Guaranteed traceability under laboratory control accredited by INVIMA.|
Contraindications, Precaution and Conservation: The essential oil is the most concentrated 100% pure raw material of natural origin that can be found for free sale. The molecular composition of the essential oil is fundamental information to be able to use it as a raw material for a SAFE and efficient AROMATHERAPY. It should not be ingested pure. Do not apply pure on the skin. Avoid contact with eyes. Keep out of the reach of children. Do not use during pregnancy or in children under 10 years of age or in epileptic people. The essential oil must be kept in a dark and cool place at a temperature not higher than 25ºC to preserve its qualities.
- Batubara I, Suparto IH, Sa'diah S, Matsuoka R, Mitsunaga T. Effects of inhaled citronella oil and related compounds on rat body weight and adipose tissue sympathetic nerve nutrients 2015;7(3):1859 -1870. doi:10.3390/nu7031859.
- MAÍA, Cintiara Souza; JUNIOR, Wolney Costa Parente. CITRONELLA, A NATURAL ALLY TO REPEL ODORS. Scientific North, Vol. 3, no. December 1, 2008.
- ZAMBON, SN, et al. SETTING UP OF A DISTILLATION EQUIPMENT AT LABORATORY SCALE OF CITRONELLA ESSENTIAL OIL (Cymbopogon nardus).
- Manvitha, K., & Bidya, B. (2014). Review on pharmacological activity of Cymbopogon citratus . Int J Herb Med , 6 , 7.
- Viana GSB, Vale TG, Pinho RSN, Matos FJA. Antinociceptive effect of the essential oil from Cymbopogon citratus in mice. Journal of Ethnopharmacol 2000; 70(3):323-327.
- Garg D, Muley A, Khare N, Marar T. Comparative Analysis of Phytochemical Profile and Antioxidant Activity of Some Indian Culinary Herbs. Research Journal of Pharmaceutical, Biological and Chemical Sciences 2012; 3(3):845-854.
- Tchoumbougnang F, Zollo PH, Dagne E, Mekonnen Y. In vivo antimalarial activity of essential oils from Cymbopogon citratus and Ocimum gratissimum on mice infected with Plasmodium berghei. Medical Plant 2005; 71(1):20-3.
- Arhoghro EM, Kpomah DE, Uwakwe AA. Curative Potential of Aqueous Extract of Lemon Grass (Cymbopogon citratus) on Cisplatin Induced Hepatotoxicity in Albino Wistar Rats. J Phys Pharm Adv 2012; 2(2):282-294.
- Danlami U, Rebecca A, Machan DB, Asuquo TS. Comparative study on the Antimicrobial activities of the Ethanolic extracts of Lemon grass and Polyalthia longifolia. Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Science 2011; 01(09):174-176.
- Boukhatem, MN, Ferhat, MA, Kameli, A., Saidi, F., & Kebir, HT (2014). Lemon grass (Cymbopogon citratus) essential oil as a potent anti-inflammatory and antifungal drug. Libyan Journal of Medicine , 9 (1).
- 11. Sonker, N., Pandey, AK, Singh, P., & Tripathi, NN (2014). Assessment of Cymbopogon citratus (DC.) stapf essential oil as herbal preservatives based on antifungal, antiaflatoxin, and antiochratoxin activities and in vivo efficacy during storage. Journal of food science , 79 (4), M628-M634.
- Martinazzo, AP, Oliveira, F. da S. de, & Teodoro, CE de S. (2019). Antifungal activity of <i>Cymbopogon citratus</i> essential oil against <i>Aspergillus flavus</i>. Ciência E Natura , 41 , e20. https://doi.org/10.5902/2179460X36055
- Josphat, CM, Isabel, NW, & Jesca, LN (2011). Chemical composition of Cymbopogon citratus essential oil and its effect on mycotoxigenic Aspergillus species. African Journal of Food Science , 5 (3), 138-142.
- Lee, YS, Kim, J., Shin, SC, Lee, SG, & Park, IK (2008). Antifungal activity of Myrtaceae essential oils and their components against three phytopathogenic fungi. Flavor and Fragrance Journal , 23 (1), 23-28.
- Onawunmi GO (1989). Evaluation of the antimicrobial activity of citral. Lett. Appl. Microbiol., 9: 105-108.
- ONAWUNMGI., O. &OGUNLANEA.,O. 1986 A study of the antibacterial activity of the essential oil of lemon grass (Cymbopogon citratus (DC.) Stapf). International Journal of Crude Drug Research 24, 6468.
- Franchomme, P., Jollois, R., & Pénoël, D. (2001). L'aromathérapie exactly: encyclopédie de l'utilisation thérapeutique des extraits aromatiques. Edition Roger Jollois
Shipping and delivery times
Shipping and delivery times
Bogota free shipping for purchases over $40,000 delivery 24 to 72 hours. If you require delivery the same day shipping value $10,000 BOGOTA EXPRESS.
Remember, other places in Colombia purchases over $80,000 free shipping and only $8,000 minor purchases, delivery times in Colombia intermediate cities 3 to 5 days. Municipalities 4 to 7 days.
International Shipments: the system will calculate the freight rate, delivery times vary according to each country.
Please verify that the contact information for the delivery such as name, telephone number and address are correct to facilitate the delivery of your order by the carriers.
Orders are shipped only on business days , understanding that they are from Monday to Friday, excluding national holidays in Colombia.
Care instructions and precautions
Care instructions and precautions
In general, keep products out of the reach of children. Store the medication in its original packaging, in a cool place, protected from direct sunlight and away from strong electromagnetic fields (refrigerator, microwave, computers, cell phones, etc.). Avoid exposure to X-rays; when traveling by plane, wrap the bottle in aluminum foil. As with all dietary supplements, consult your healthcare professional before use. According to medical criteria. By adding this product to your cart you are accepting that you have a medical prescription that recommends its use. See the product label for more information. Avoid leaving the bottle uncovered for a long time to prevent evaporation.
Homeopathic treatment does not interfere with any other type of therapy, hospital or outpatient, it is rather an ideal complement. It seeks to prevent the appearance of the disease or make it much more benign, shorten its evolution, facilitate its resolution and avoid its complications; It stimulates the defense systems and the regulation mechanisms of the organism. It can be administered to patients of any age and is free of any toxic effect, it has no side effects. The globules can be administered to patients of any age, in children under 12 months it is recommended to dilute the globules in a little water and administer in the bottle. The tablets are recommended from seven years of age. The drops are recommended for children over 12 years of age because they contain alcohol. Use the drops with caution in pediatric patients and/or with hypersensitivity to alcohol and/or with gastritis and/or alcoholism due to the fact that they contain alcohol. Use the tablets with caution in patients with hypersensitivity or intolerance to lactose. All homeopathic products are free of any toxic effect, it has no side effects. Never return the globules, tablets, or drops that have been touched by hand to the original bottle and always avoid contact of the cap or dropper with saliva and other sources of contamination of the product.
Store the oils in a dark and cool place at a temperature not exceeding 25ºC.
Jewelry Care: Avoid contact with lotions, soaps, nail polish, corrosive chemicals such as acids. It is not recommended to bathe the body, or enter the pool, or the sea with the jewel on. Don't sleep with her. Clean it with a soft cloth.